• Blindsided

    Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist, Mary Schmich writes:

    "The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday."

    The older I get the more I see the truth of this quote.

    It was an idle Friday when I heard the news that our lead pastor had decided to take his own life.

    I was blindsided. This sort of thing had never crossed my worried mind.

    In the next few years our church began a rebuilding process that involved an interim pastor, a search committee for a new lead pastor, and a lot of self-reflection.

    These few years have flown by and we have now arrived where we are today.

    Last night was our church-wide Thanksgiving dinner. I would have to say it was something of a turning point. Our wounded church got together as a family. We enjoyed a meal, fellowship, and worship songs sung by our new lead pastor with the aid of an acoustic guitar. I saw real worship as I looked at the faces of those around me.

    My crazy kids ran around and wreaked havoc of course. But you know what? That's what happens in a family. Kids run around; they are filled with wonder. Surprisingly, I got no stern looks from those around; but I got smiles.

    I guess I was blindsided by last night. I love it. Our church is healing. We are a family again.

    For that, I am thankful.

    Your fellow revolutionary,
    Jason Vreeke

    P.S. If you're looking for a church in the Piedmont Triad, the Lord is doing great things at Community Bible Church in High Point

    P.P.S. I am still waiting on approval from iTunes and Google Play for the podcast. New episode should come by the end of the week!
  • 0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Believe it or not. Powered by Blogger.